Frame mouldings are available in a wonderful variety of styles: traditional or modern, simple or elaborate, waxed or stained, painted or plain…. I have a large selection of samples in my workshop as well as catalogues to choose from.
A large number of the mouldings I use are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
I can help you decide how the artwork is best presented and supported within the frame. As well as looking great your artwork should be mounted in a way that safely secures it and keeps it away from the glass. There are many options including single, double and triple mounts, float mounting and shadow mounting. There’s also a fabulous choice of mount board colours.
All the materials I use inside the frame are acid-free, conservation quality and everything is always fully reversible.
I can also advise on the best glass option for your framing. Alongside standard picture glass I stock:
- Anti-reflective glass - for fabulous clarity
- UV glass - to protect against sun damage and fading
- Acrylic (Perspex) - a lighter and safer option for larger frames and pictures for children’s rooms
- Museum glass - when only the best will do
Not just for pictures….
Velvet slippers, a shed snakeskin, vintage silk fans, Japanese embroidery, a child’s first shoes, a patchwork quilt, a model bed, Venetian masks… just some of the more unusual items I’ve framed
A few other things…
- I make bespoke framed mirrors
- I stretch canvases
- I offer personalised gift vouchers